What type of valve should I get for slide hookup?

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
I want to run my slide off of a valve on the return side of my plumbing. I was going to use a stnd Jandy 2 port but I'm worried about my kids controlling the valve and turning off the flow completely to the rest of the system if they turn the valve completly to the slide side. Is there a valve that I can use that would turn the slide on and off without changing the flow for the rest of the return?

So to use the ball valve would I think just put a "T" in the return line and run that to the slide line? Then put a ball valve somewhere in that line? Or instead of a "T" should I put a 2 way valve there and also a ball valve in the slide line?

One of my worries is that the slide line coming up from the concrete is very small I think it's 1/2". There is thick flexible pipe like 1 1/2" coming out under the slide but I have no idea how this PB built this thing. So i'm worried the flow going thru this 2" pipe then sized down to the 1/2" could cause a problem.

What do you think?

"T" with a valve will be fine. Most slides I see are plumbed with 1/2" or 3/4", preferably 3/4". I'm not quite clear on what you're describing with the reduction in plumbing size, but from what I understand of it I don't think you'll have any issues.

what i was trying to say was if I put a 2" "T" in the return line, I'd need to reduce the 2" down to the 1/2" or 3/4" to connect to the slide supply. Is there another way to do it?

And you are saying to go with the "t" with then a ball valve somewhere in line with the slide supply?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.