Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stone ledger wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Stone ledger wall

I am in the process of having a pool built and have some questions.

We are on a hill and ended up with a 20' x 5' retaining wall that the pool goes right up to. We are planning on using ledger stone on the wall with a water spill way, almost the entire length.

I want to extend the ledger stone all the way down to the bottom of the pool. I thought it would look very striking. This would eliminate the tile water line, however as we are putting in an automatic cover I would still have that straight like. Anyone ever done this. The pool will be a SWP...

Thanks, appreciate any feed back.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stone ledger wall

Welcome to TFP! I can't help but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can. It would be helpful if you could provide pics of your space.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Can't load a picture... Says I don't have permission, I am logged in..

4. Back To Top    #4

Try uploading it to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing Video Hosting and then copy the link on here
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Create a Photobuckrt account and then paste the IMG (it's on the right) into the post.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

First you need to have a long talk with your PB.
    Most PB use some form of fake rocks ,usually unite, when exposed to the pool. Real rock is rare because of the scum line and the unpredictability of how it will handle years of exposure to chlorine acid and in your case salt.

So see what your PB says.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall