What are the best brand of water tubes?

filix

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
maine
The thing I hate the most about water tubes " at least the ones I'm using" is snapping that cap back on after you fill them. What a pain in the butt. The only way to close them is to stand on them, which could puncture them. This year I tried some of them aqua blocks. I didn't care for them. They were too flimsy. If you had to move them, even just a little bit, the tops would pop off. This year I bought one of those mesh covers to let water through, as my solid cover was ripped to shreds after last winters 5ft of snow on it. The only problem is the cover was not quite long enough to cover my fiberglass steps. That was my fault. Now I don't know if I should try to send this one back and buy the next size up, or try to cover the steps with a small tarp? This closing was a pain. Filix.

If you purchased a mesh cover for your pool, and the weight of snow and/or the water bags/aqua blocks give, you will find the cover in the pool. Unless I am missing something? My cover was also ripped, so I purchased a very large cover and left some slack in the cover, while a lot of slack on areas that have sharp corners, hopefully being able to avoid the problems that could occur with winter. I left more slack in the deep end and by the steps. This way the water will end up in these areas and can be easily pumped off.

Regarding, aqua blocks, the covers do pop off and I would put a strap on them to hold them in place. Water tubes should not be filled up all the way as the water will freeze and puncture holes in them. My water tubes only last 2 years. You have to press firmly all the way around (when top is flush with bottom). If these aqua blocks do not hold up, my next move is 50 lb. sand bags (double wrapped of course) to hold down the cover.

If you purchased a mesh cover for your pool, and the weight of snow and/or the water bags/aqua blocks give, you will find the cover in the pool. Unless I am missing something? My cover was also ripped, so I purchased a very large cover and left some slack in the cover, while a lot of slack on areas that have sharp corners, hopefully being able to avoid the problems that could occur with winter. I left more slack in the deep end and by the steps. This way the water will end up in these areas and can be easily pumped off.

Regarding, aqua blocks, the covers do pop off and I would put a strap on them to hold them in place. Water tubes should not be filled up all the way as the water will freeze and puncture holes in them. My water tubes only last 2 years. You have to press firmly all the way around (when top is flush with bottom). If these aqua blocks do not hold up, my next move is 50 lb. sand bags (double wrapped of course) to hold down the cover.

The mesh cover isn't a safety cover. It lays on the water and up against the sides just like a solid regular cover. So the tubes and blocks won't help it go in the pool, it should stop it from going in the pool. I wanted to try a mesh cover so I didn't have to pump off the cover, especially in the spring. Thanks.filix.

Sometimes with a strong wind, you have a tendency to have the cover in the pool. I would just recommend covering the steps with a regular cheap tarp at this point. The only issue I see here is that Algae may come and visit in the spring/summer if the pool is not opened early enough. This morning was the first frost as temperatures dropped overnight. The water in the garden hose partially froze, while the water on the tarp did not freeze at all. This tells you that the cover keeps some of the water warm enough to protect the water on the cover. I know it takes a lot of cold days for the water to freeze. Take care!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.