Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Color or white LEDs for dark pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Color or white LEDs for dark pool?

Hello, my pool guy seems to think that if I do pebble tec tropical breeze/prism blue /tahoe or tahoe blue that the coloered LEDs will not show up at all or well.
    can anyone show me any pictures of theirs or tell me if this is or is not true? thanks
    inground gunite 23 shallow end, 18 deep end 40 long pebble tec pool with spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Color or white LEDs for dark pool?

If you are referring to the pool light in the pool. I paid the extra $150 and installed Hayward Pro-Logic light. Has multiple colors, including white. Can't go wrong really. The lights still work, and you can play with the colors.
    20x35 IG Grecian Sport Pool (4' x 5 1/2' x 4')
    1000' Sandstone Stamped Cocete
    Hayward SWG, DE Filter & Pro Logic LED
    3 deck jets

3. Back To Top    #3

Following this thread . . I to want a darker finish , but have been warned that colored LeD lights will not show well. I am leaning toward Black Onyx finish .
    but I am also looking really hard at the Savi Sol colored lights . Four of them to be exact.. Still reading , studying up on those .

4. Back To Top    #4

I have gray plaster and my Jandy colored LED light works great. Red is the only color that isn't very bright.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

5. Back To Top    #5

We have black onyx pebblesheen and a regular old pool light. There are night pics in my build thread, link in sig.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

PebbleSheen Thunderblue, and the single light works great with all color combinations from Pentair. We stay away from the reds and oranges hut lostly because they're in contrast to landscape lighting and the surrounding vegetation. Blues and greens look great and only one light for our setup covers all, including the extended Baja step area.
    July2015 New - 12,900gal IG Clorine Pool: Free Form Shot/PebbleSheen, Ceramic Waterline/Travertine Coping/Deck, Paramount PV3 In-Floor, Pentair 3050VS Intelliflo Variable (3000rpm High/1000rpm Low), Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Venturi Skimmer, MDX/SDX Drain, Paralevel, Rock Waterfall +3/4" Aireator, Intellibrite 5G LED, EasyTouch4, and Tab Floater.