Williamstown NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Should I remove the filter cartridges before or after blowing out the lines. Is it okay to have the air blow thru them or is it better to remove them first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I live in Southern New Jersey. I do store the catridges inside over the winter but was wondering about when I should remove them. Before or after blowing out the lines.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would remove them first, and then push air through the system. The cartridges trap dirt, debris, etc., while water is travelling through the cartridges. If you leave them in the filter and blow air through them, you may loosen the trapped contaminants and allowing dirt to enter back into the pool through the skimmers, returns, main drain. This also ensures that you remove the water in the filter housing, therefore eliminating opening the cover up to a foul odor and possibly mold/mildew in the spring.

Please add your signature:

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.