Main drain suction

Hi,
It depends on how the drain is plumbed.

Many times, the pool builder will run the main drain pipe, into a port on the bottom of the skimmer. This type of set up means the suction on the main drain will be very low.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
It depends on how the drain is plumbed.

Many times, the pool builder will run the main drain pipe, into a port on the bottom of the skimmer. This type of set up means the suction on the main drain will be very low.

If thats how the drain was plumbed, then the suction of the drain is probably as good as it will ever be.

You shouldn't feel anything or very little if it is a VGBA compliant MD. They are designed that way on purpose and are not really meant to pull in debris, just water.

It is pretty low. Our main drain is plumbed to a valve on the equipment pad. Even with the valve turned all the way to drain and the pump turned up to 2500 rpm the suction is pretty low. When I brush my pool I use these settings and some of the dust blows right past the drain every time. I have to brush back to the drain multiple times for all the dust to get sucked up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.