Intellitouch panel
Mobiletouch wireless remote
Intelliflow VS pump
Pentair sand filter
Pentail 200k Mastertemp heater
Hayward inline chlorinator
Pentair Intellibrite LED color changing light

I have several questions:
a) Can someone explain how the screen locations on the Mobiletouch correlate to the relays in the load center panel? There's 6 locations on my "ASSIGN CIRCUIT NAMES" screen on the Mobiletouch - how do those relate to the PUMP relay and the 4 additional AUX1-AUX4 physical relays? Do the top left and top right locations on the screen have special functions like starting the pump or setting the temperature, etc....

b) I can start the pump on my Mobiletouch fine, but when I try to start it from the panel buttons in Service mode, it doesn't work. When I wired the Intelliflow, I didn't connect the line 110V through this relay, as I understood that the communications cable would take care of communicating the start/stop to the pump, and hence I didn't need the relay? Should I run the line 110V through the relay?

c) I've wired the power to my Intellibrite LED light through the AUX1 relay (ie the second relay from the left, the first relay is for pump, so I'm assuming the second one is AUX1). With this wired this way, the light turns on ok but my pump also turns on with the light. This is driving me nuts. The AUX2 also does the same thing? AUX3 and AUX4 doesn't do this. Any ideas why my pump is starting with the light and how to stop it from doing this?

Also, how do I go about getting my firmware in my Intellitouch checked and/or updated? Since I bought and installed the system myself, I'm not sure who I should call? Is there a charge for this?

Thanks,
Dave

I have the EasyTouch, so I might not be much help, but I do know that the Intellifow does not get wired through the Pump/Filter relay. As you stated, it has constant 220 VAC power and it is controlled by the information on the Serial Cable.

As far as the pump coming on with the Light.. The Aux1 relay, should be the 2nd from the left, as you noted. When the Aux1 one circuit turns on, it does two things. One.. it closes the Aux1 relay and turns on your light, and.. two, it also turns on anything else that is "linked" to the Aux1 relay. As an example: You wire your light through the Aux1 relay and also assign valve3 to turn on when the Aux1 circuit comes on. So, when you push the Aux1 button, the light comes on and valve3 turns. You did not wire valve3 through the relay, yet the system understood that you wanted the valve turn. I can only "assume" that you have the AUX 1 and 2 circuits assigned to something that wants the pump to come on. I can't see where it can be anything but a programming error.

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I agree it's got to be a programming error I just can't figure out where. If I press the Aux1 bottom on the panel it only turns the light on and not the pump. This tells me there's a soft link between light and pump, like you are saying. I just can't figure out where in the menus this would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I finally figured out why the pump was starting with Aux1 and Aux2. I had rpm speeds assigned within the ASSIGN CUSTOM SPEEDS screen. I had Aux1 and Aux2 both set at 3000 rpm. So once I deleted both entries and set them to NONE the pump no longer turns on with them! Thanks for the logic help Jim!

Bumping my questions...
a) Can someone explain how the each of the positions on the "ASSIGN CIRCUIT NAMES" screen correlate to the AUX positions? How do the MASTER POOL and MASTER SPA positions work?
b) How do I get my Intelliflo pump to start when I push the PUMP button on the panel? It works fine from the remote, but the button on the panel doesn't start the pump (ie it closes the relay, but since the pump isn't wired through the relay, it doesn't work)?

Can anyone help me???

Dave

Flyboy,

I believe that the Filter/Pump relay is only used when controlling a single speed, or two speed pump, it really does not come into play when controlling a VS pump.

I’m not sure that I know enough to be able to fully explain how it works, but here are a couple of examples that might get you pointed in the right direction.

1. In this example I simply what to manually turn on the pool light by pushing the Aux 1 button..

a. Under Settings / Circuit Name menu you will see 18 circuit numbers, each with the factory default Circuit Name. The first circuit # is 1/18 with a Circuit Name of Spa
b. Pushing the up arrow key takes you 2/18 for the Pool and then 3/18 for the Aux 1 Circuit
c. If you push the left arrow (Select) the Circuit Name (default of Aux 1) will start to flash.
d. Use the up and down arrow to scroll through all the default circuit names until you find “Pool Light”. Push the menu button to save.
2. So, you have just assigned Circuit 3/18, which controls the Aux 1 relay, to the Circuit Name of “Pool Light.”
3. Pushing the Aux 1 button will cause the Aux 1 relay to energize, turning on the pool light.
4. *** In the above example you did not have to select a circuit name. Since the light is hard wired to the Aux 1 relay, it will come on any time you push the Aux 1 button. The reason you would select a Circuit Name is so that you could have something else, not wired to the Aux 1 relay, come on or off at the same time. See next example..

1. In this example I want to turn on my waterfall by pushing the Aux 2 button. This will require the system to turn a valve and increase the pump speed.

a. As in the first example, go to Circuit Names menu and select circuit # 4/18 which controls the Aux 2 relay. Scroll through all the default circuit names until you find “Waterfall”. Push the menu button to save.
b. If we pushed the Aux 2 button the relay would energize, but since nothing is hard wired to the relay, nothing else will happen.
c. This is where the Circuit Name comes into play. Under the Set Valves menu, scroll through the available Circuit Names and select “Waterfall”.
d. Then under the Intelliflo, pump #1, menu, select “Speeds”. At this point you can tell the pump to run at a specific speed when it sees a specific Circuit Name, like “Waterfall”. You have 8 possible selections, 1/8 through 8/8.
e. Below are examples of my settings, yours would be unique to you.
i. 1/8, 1400 RPM, Circuit Name “Pool”.
ii. 2/8, 1800 RPM, Circuit Name “Feature 1”
iii. 4/8, 2600 RPM, Circuit Name “Waterfall”

f. So, if the Pool Circuit is on, the pump will be running at 1400 RPM. If I then turn on the Feature 1 circuit, the speed will increase to 1800 RPM. And if I push the Waterfall (Aux 2) button, the pump speed will increase to 2600 RPM. (Note that the pump will always run at the highest selected speed..)

g. So in the above example we use the circuit "Name" to control a valve and the pump speed by pushing the Aux 2 button. You could also schedule the waterfall to turn on and off without having to push the Aux 2 button.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the examples Jimrahbe. It sounds like you're using the Easytouch system and I'm using the Intellitouch, so your menus are a little different than mine but very similar. I have the Mobiltouch remote also.
My big question now is how the MASTER POOL and MASTER SPA circuits work. Do they turn on the heater and the pump automatically? Just the heater? What temp set point corresponds to each? How does the MASTER POOL and MASTER SPA circuits work with just a single pool like I have?
Does anyone know these details?
I'm not big on calling Pentair tech support, as last time I did, everything they told me was inaccurate and I had to correct them on a few items!

Flyboy,

As you pointed out I have an Easytouch, not your Intellitouch, but I suspect that the basics are the same, even if the menus are a little different. And, since no one else has replied, I'll give it another go.

If you want the pool pump to turn on or off at a specific time, you have to schedule it, (In my case Menu then Schedules) The SPA schedule come up first, but since I don't have SPA, I just move to "Pool" which is next. Let's say I schedule the "pool" 7 AM until 7 PM. Since I have my pump speed set to 1400 RPM when it sees the Circuit Name Pool" it will come on. (See above). If I had a heater and had it enabled, then the heater would come on if the temperature was below the set point, I don't know anything about the Master Pool and Mater Spa modes except what the manual says... it appears it make sure that the main pump is on 5 minutes before and after the cleaner pump is turned on. Since I have a Robot, it is something I have no experience with. Since you have no Spa, you would just not use those settings.

I doubt I've directly answered your question, but maybe I've provided some ideas.. Screw with it, you can't really hurt anything.

Good luck with your project..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.