Pressure Vs. Return line vaccume

Folks,

I have 5 Post Oak trees that will be dumping leaves periodically into my new pool. My contractor said, hands down, I should use a pressure vacuum with a booster pump. EVERYTHING else I see really steers you to a return line vacuum with no booster pump.
I will have leaves... what say ya'll?:eek:

Agree, leaf rake is mandatory. We have over 100 big trees around our pool, pics in build thread in sig. Leaves and tree debris is a lot of work for a month in spring and fall. I do agree that a pressure side cleaner is probably better than a suction cleaner. But, my trees laugh at my pressure cleaner. It fills so full with leaves that it falls over and gets stuck and you still have use a leaf rake to get the other 4000 leaves! :)

We have a variable speed pump and run it 24x7 at 1100 rpm during tree season. It skims well at this rpm and only draws 150 watts watts and costs about 12 bucks a month at 10.25c/kwh to run it 24x7. Skimming as much debris off the surface before it sinks is the key. We empty the skimmer baskets multiple times per day but most days this keeps us ahead of the leaves. Except on windy days when you have to use a leaf rake.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.