Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Guy from Southern Arizona

1. Back To Top    #1

New Guy from Southern Arizona

I don't own a pool but I live across the street from our community pool. Since I service three SWG pools as part of my home care-taking business, I have been interested in how the pool service company is maintaining the community pool. I have raised some issues with the HOA board about the chemical imbalances the pool company has allowed to occur using the knowledge I have gained here.

Thanks for providing this forum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Guy from Southern Arizona

What kind of test kit do you use in your business? We only approve of the TF-100 (avail thru TFTestkits.net) or the Taylors K-2006. Both contain the all important FAS-DPD chlorine test to test up to 50 ppm that most other kits don't include.

What sort of imbalances does this public pool have? <--Yippee being nosy, lol
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I use the K-2006. The main imbalance I found is CYA over 400ppm using the dilution method.
    I will describe this in a new post soon.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Stoney Brough! Just a wee bit north of you here in Tucson. Welcome to the forum

Careful with all the complaints to the HOA or else they're going to make you take care of the pool Of course, armed with the knowledge here on TFP, you'd probably do a much better job than the guy they got now

WELCOME!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

You're right JoyfulNoise. They do want me to take it over. I've convinced them to install a SWG to replace the dreaded chlorine pucks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Public pool.....you're gonna need a BIGGER kit....

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates