Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I've just begun to consider acrylic spray deck for our pool build and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for using a cantilevered edge vs precast concrete coping with the spray deck for the rest of the concrete?

I've seen several pictures on here of the former, but none with spray deck and separate coping (of any kind.) If you have pictures of either, and an opinion on the pros or cons of each, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, we are aiming to make the brushed concrete decking cooler than leaving it as is. Will a light to medium spray deck color help with that here in Texas?

Thanks!

There are some examples of both kinds on this site.

DEV Xcel Surfaces Real World Examples

Are you going to have a salt pool. If so I recommend a cantilevered edge. That's what I went with. If you must have a coping, take a look on the web site, there are several that they have also coated with the textured acrylic. It is the safest surface for a salt pool. Mine is ten years old and looks like new. After nine years it was starting to look just a bit faded so I just rolled a new top color coat on an voilà it looks better than new. About $100 for a five gal can and one and a half days work.

There are some examples of both kinds on these sites.

Pref Deck | An acrylic deck coating manufacturer

DEV Xcel Surfaces Real World Examples

Are you going to have a salt pool. If so I recommend a cantilevered edge. That's what I went with. If you must have a coping, take a look on the web sites, there are several that they have also coated with the textured acrylic. It is the safest surface for a salt pool. Mine is ten years old and looks like new. After nine years it was starting to look just a bit faded so I just rolled a new top color coat on an voilà it looks better than new. About $100 for a five gal can and one and a half days work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.