Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator Question

1. Back To Top    #1

San Diego, Ca.

Liquidator Question

If I install a Liquidator and it doesn't work the way I want, how can I fix the hole in my pipe without doing a coupling patch?

Also, can you run 2 of these things in parallel to extend the usage while on vacation? My theory is that you could cut the flow in 1/2 on each?
    30,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Hayward Pheonix 4x Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Hayward 3/4hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Jose, CA

Re: Liquidator Question

I can think of a couple ways. The hole should be 3/8". I'm sure there are rubber plugs at the home center that could be pushed into the hole. A metal hose clamp can help hold it on (similar to the one that comes with the Liquidator). You could also tap the hole although the closest tap size for a 3/8" hole is a 7/16-14 or 7/16-20 thread and I dunno if a plug exists at that size. I suppose a screw could be used but this route sounds more like a headache than scouring the hardware store for some kind of a rubber plug. Or maybe epoxy a bolt in there. The rubber plug still sounds best and easiest.

I don't see why you couldn't hook up a couple LQs. I wonder if hooking up in series would be better? Just something to chew on.
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Re: Liquidator Question

Now, this is just my opinion, an you know what those are worth.....

If you need more chlorine that a single Liquidator can deliver go with a Stenner pump. I'm biased, I have a Stenner. Do a search here on the forum for both Liquidator and Stenner and see other peoples experiences.

As Chris points out, there are multiple ways to plug the hole if you remove it.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon