Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best options for salt content testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Best options for salt content testing

Appologies if covered recently but what is the best recommendation for testing salt levels in pools? I have seen kits (Such as the Taylor salt test kit) and strips and alos some kind of meters - advice greatfully received. (Need to test 4000ppm +/- for SWG).
    Pool
    55,000L (14530 US Gal) in-ground concrete with pebble surface
    "Puraflo" salt water chlorinator with sand filter and Aquatight Pinnacle Series P450 pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best options for salt content testing

Hi,
    The Taylor K1766 is a good test as a reasonable price. I have one and would recommend it.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool
    "Puraflo" salt water chlorinator with sand filter and Aquatight Pinnacle Series P450 pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Crunchy, have you found the Taylor K1766 sold in Australia ? I wish I had ordered one with my Taylor K2006C which arrive only yesterday.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes but at this stage I cannot reccomend them, still waiting on some action from NQPTK, they have taken my money (And others) but cannot deliver the testing kits, they did send a general e-mail apologising for the situation which is a start I guess but it is frustrating not knowing whether they will deliver or refuund.
    Pool