Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Game Solar pannel

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Game Solar pannel

    Just picked up 8 of these for next season, should be interesting. Can't go wrong at this price I figured. Seems more durable than the traditional ones that my dogs can puncture.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rhf_sc_p_img_2
    Intex 16'x48"
    Intex sand filter, ozone SWG

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Isaac-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    6,711

    Re: Game Solar pannel @amazon

    The problem I see with these is that they are tiny, solar heat is all about surface area of the panels, so 8 of these might have the same surface area as 1 or 2 more conventional panels.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Game Solar pannel @amazon

    True, I do like the all in one contained unit with feet. No need to build a frame or roof installation, has it's own hard shell and clear cover. I do plan on making a rack for a clean install next year. Surely better than current setup.
    Intex 16'x48"
    Intex sand filter, ozone SWG

  4. Back To Top    #4


    TFP Guide

    domct203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Game Solar pannel

    Quote Originally Posted by yister View Post
    Just picked up 8 of these for next season, should be interesting. Can't go wrong at this price I figured. Seems more durable than the traditional ones that my dogs can puncture.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rhf_sc_p_img_2
    Those units are about 8 square feet each, X 8 units is about 64 square feet for $960.

    OUCH.

    You could have gotten 160 square feet of conventional panels for less than $400, paid someone to build a rack, and still have money left over for a controller unit.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2x20-Swimm...item4a9f47e47c

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayward-Gold...item4ac36e6c0d

    Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Household6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    291

    Re: Game Solar pannel

    Quote Originally Posted by domct203 View Post
    Those units are about 8 square feet each, X 8 units is about 64 square feet for $960.

    OUCH.

    You could have gotten 160 square feet of conventional panels for less than $400, paid someone to build a rack, and still have money left over for a controller unit.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2x20-Swimm...item4a9f47e47c

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayward-Gold...item4ac36e6c0d

    Dom
    Not if he picked up the ones from Amazon Warehouse for $56 . . .
    20x40 in-ground concrete "vintage" pool
    Approx 35k gal
    Concrete, plaster and epoxy paint
    Sand filter
    DIY plaster resurface repairs completed 6/2015.

  6. Back To Top    #6


    TFP Guide

    domct203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Game Solar pannel

    Quote Originally Posted by Household6 View Post
    Not if he picked up the ones from Amazon Warehouse for $56 . . .
    That's still expensive, $56 x 8 = $448 for 64 square feet of solar panel ($7 per sq ft) compared to 160 square feet for about the same price ($2.88 per sq ft).

    So even if it was at warehouse price, it is still extremely expensive per square foot.

    Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •