Help with Spa Hydraulics

Oct 11, 2015
Florida
Signed a contract on a pool with spa but now the builder is thinking about the hydraulic setup.

Current spa setup:

7x6 spa
6 Jets on two seat = 12 jets
2 jets on two other seats = 4
16 Jets total
Jandy PS 6
3 additional actuators

1 Jandy 2.0 epump
1 Jandy 2.0 water feature pump
1 2HP blower
3 inch plumbing

I'm asking for jets control in regards to turning on and off my banks of jets. So if I want to run 6 at a time, 12 at a time, 4 at a time or all 16.

My first question is do we have enough actuators to isolate the jets how I'd like or do I need to go up to a PS8?

The builder is questioning whether or not he needs to add another blower on my setup.

What would you pool building gurus do? :confused:

The builder is questioning whether or not he needs to add another blower on my setup.
A decent builder would not require any blower. You can build a spa without a blower but most PBs unfortunately have no clue on how to build a proper spa. So be careful or you could end up with a poorly performing spa.

Also with that may jets, you will likely need dedicated spa jet pumps but it isn't clear to me that you have any.

Ask the builder for a detailed schematic of the spa plumbing and post it here. Also, what jets are you planning to use (part#s and flow rate requirements)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.