Pressure side cleaner for use with 1.5 HP pump

May 16, 2012
I am thinking of moving my pressure side cleaner to use the same pump as my floor system, which is a 1.5 hp pump, and add a jandy auto valve to switch between the pool cleaner and the floor system.

The question i have is what cleaner would work, be best for use with 1.5 HP?

I have a Polaris 360 thats on it's last legs, and i'm wondering if a 380 would work on 1.5 HP, since it's suppose to operate off a 3/4 hp booster pump, or a pressure side Kreepy Krauly.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

ChuckDDB

Having just learned how hard it can be to tame a new 3/4 hp pump with my Kreepy Krauly Legend (4 wheeled Pressure side), I will advise against trying to use the full force of a 1.5 hp - I don't think the bleed valve will reduce the flow enough to tame the cleaner.
If you have a 360 handy, just try a temp line to the pool and see if it can be made to work. Note that a weak, old cleaner will be less enthusiastic then a new one - just because you can get the 360 to kinda, sorta work does not mean a new cleaner can be made to take the flow.

My 1.5 hp, even without the booster, will move the cleaner - while running the skimmer and filter.

Do yourself a huge favor and try it with a quick and dirty line before modifying the permanent plumbing.

Maybe a pressure-control valve can be installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.