Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Introduction

1. Back To Top    #1

Introduction

Just a quick intro about myself. I built my own pool back in 98. It took me about a year and half to build it since I was working on it in my spare time.
    After the Hurricanes in 2004 I had to have my pool surface redone due to my Screened in area damaging the bottom of it. I added in a large Waterfall with fiber Optics all around the pool.
    I wanted to connect with your Forum because I am having some issues that I would like some help on. I will post them later. Thanks for allowing me to join. Looking forward to your support.
    Mark- From Port St Lucie, FL.
    Built 98, 18K gal, IG, Plaster/Diamond Brite(redone in 2004) , Pro Clean Cartridge Filter Model #PCCF-150, 2qty Sta-Rite 1.5hp Centrifugal Pump, water test strips, Options: large Waterfall, Fiber Optics perimeter and internal lighting; filled we use city water. Screened in Area 2,000 Sq FtWhite Aluminum-Screws are rusting.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introduction

Welcome to TFPC Mark. Glad to have you with us. We love pics so if you have any of your pool we'd love to see them.

We'll do our best to answer your questions when you post them.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Looking forward to those pics. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

IMG_0395-2.jpgIMG_0404-2.jpgIMG_0407-2.jpg
    I hope you enjoy them! It took me a long time building this myself.
    Mark- From Port St Lucie, FL.
    Built 98, 18K gal, IG, Plaster/Diamond Brite(redone in 2004) , Pro Clean Cartridge Filter Model #PCCF-150, 2qty Sta-Rite 1.5hp Centrifugal Pump, water test strips, Options: large Waterfall, Fiber Optics perimeter and internal lighting; filled we use city water. Screened in Area 2,000 Sq FtWhite Aluminum-Screws are rusting.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Titan,
    welcome to TFP! Nice job you did on building that. Very nice indeed!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

That is NICE! I would LOVE to see the whole set of pics from beginning to end as well as the "story" of how you did it and details.

How about a night shot with the lights? I bet they look awesome!

You said something about problems....have you addressed them yet? Let us know how we can help you.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit