Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Been away...question on FC

1. Back To Top    #1

Been away...question on FC

Hi, all. I'm back again...it's been a while since posting and am enjoying catching up.

Since this is my first year with a pool, I am learning a lot and it is balancing out nicely, but I have the following question:

On 10/4, my FC was 13.5. It is now 10/14 and it has only drifted down to 7 over the last ten days (6.5ppm loss or about .65ppm loss per day). The temperature has definitely cooled to the mid to low 80s from the summer of low 90s every day. CYA is 40. The incredibly slow decline is surprising to me given during the heat of the summer is dropped a couple of ppm each day. Is this normal?

I know you guys are going to ask for the full test results, so I am attaching it via a graphic (since copy and paste doesn't seem to work too well for formatting).
    Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 6.33.05 PM.jpg
    ----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Been away...question on FC

And you still have the Ozonator running?
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes...hasn't been removed yet. And the Chlorinator has been off too. I am stumped...but maybe this is normal for "fall" in Florida?
    ----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink

4. Back To Top    #4

Is the pool inside a screen enclosure that may be blocking some of the UV?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

I definitely have a screen enclosure and it has been fairly cloudy as well. I won't be too concerned then. Thanks!
    ----