Signed the contract this morning, New build Orange County, CA

Thanks Titan, I hadn't considered floating over the shelf, I figured it'd be more for sitting and wading. I guess the kids (ok me too) could use the entire pool to float over with tubes (or whatever) if it's deep enough. I like those chairs (and the price!), I think that's what my pool builder had in mind, unfortunately my wife has expensive taste. There's also a side table that goes with the chairs, the deepest one they sell will go in water up to 15" so maybe that could be our goal/max depth.

Thanks for the link daddymack, I think that site is the original link my wife found. Like I said above, I think the side table is something I'm trying to figure into the equation too. Ice Bin Side Table | Ledge Lounger

I guess it comes to personal preference...the chairs I'm looking at show pictures of people barely getting their bottoms wet while sitting on the chairs. If I'm going to be sitting on the shelf, I want to be somewhat submerged. I better double check what the wife has in mind! lol

Thanks Titan, I hadn't considered floating over the shelf, I figured it'd be more for sitting and wading. I guess the kids (ok me too) could use the entire pool to float over with tubes (or whatever) if it's deep enough. I like those chairs (and the price!), I think that's what my pool builder had in mind, unfortunately my wife has expensive taste. There's also a side table that goes with the chairs, the deepest one they sell will go in water up to 15" so maybe that could be our goal/max depth.

Thanks for the link daddymack, I think that site is the original link my wife found. Like I said above, I think the side table is something I'm trying to figure into the equation too. Ice Bin Side Table | Ledge Lounger

I guess it comes to personal preference...the chairs I'm looking at show pictures of people barely getting their bottoms wet while sitting on the chairs. If I'm going to be sitting on the shelf, I want to be somewhat submerged. I better double check what the wife has in mind! lol
I went with 15" and glad that I did. We got some of those plastic adirondack chairs and when on the shelf about half of my butt is wet and the water comes up about 3/4 of the way to my knees, which I find is perfect. I've seen some other shallower shelves where basically on your feet get wet when sitting on the shelf, in my opinion thats not deep enough and defeats the purpose a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.