New Build Ontario Canada

Thanks Everyone for the input.

1. I will be asking for a different heater as I want to be able to control the heater remotely. I am asking for the aquaconnect feature to be added so I can control my heater/pump from my phone while travelling.

2. I am unsure about this Hayward Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator and Hayward Pro Logic Control Center, meaning do I need the aqua rite generator if I am getting the pro-logic p4? I am doing a salt water pool.

OK update...

Signed my contract on friday, gave a 40% deposit and negotiated a few additions and subtractions on my pool overall. I did upgrade to the omnilogic and also I've decided to light my waterfall that we added in.
Today they came out and did some measurements to start the dig tomorrow. The general contractor seemed very nice and the pool builder was here too, both explained a timeline of events so we'll see what happens. Already a week early for digging based on the original timeframe provided in December.

I still have not finalized my rock waterfall/jumping platform and how it will either butt up to my retaining wall rock on the top of the deck or leave a space inbetween the top jumping rock and the waterfall/jumping rock. I might think trees or small bushes. The jumping rock pictured below is a sample from my brothers pool.

They started this morning digging...first laying down chips to protect the grass

- - - Updated - - -

Look at how close in-between our houses! I have great neighbours!

- - - Updated - - -

Also...I have a 4 year old....do you know how hard it was getting him in the car this morning to leave the house?! haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is the progress on day 2. So far everything is looking good. We are discussing the water fall as I want it at a different location than he wants to put it. Also my builder is concerned about our safety cover and if we can get it over the waterfall as he is worried that if he drills into the rock to anchor it, that the rock will crack.

They built part of the retaining wall today and then took it down as the builder was not happy with how the rocks were lined up. He said if it was his house he would not accept it, I never saw the wall as I was at work but I appreciate that he wants it done right.

My son also had to supervise for a bit after school.

Re: New Build Thorndale Ontario Canada - Inground Pool

Looks like he was doing more than just supervising with that piece of equipment! Very good to hear on your PB's approach.

I have an update....that there is no update....our lead contractor has Sciatic Nerve issues so no work since Friday. Sucks. My pool builder says that if he can't continue then he'll bring in another person from his team but hopes the main contractor can begin working again Thursday.

ARGH.

Although, I've had back issues so I can understand him being down and out.

Now is it 40% paid for or 40% completed? The answer to that question may cause you to have another beer or 4.

Still no movement or update. I am beyond frustrated. I understand why the delay with the lead contractor who is building my retaining wall is out with a hurt back, but still they don't have someone else who can step in?

I've not contacted my builder in two days because I am just too angry to speak properly at this point. He did say he was trying to resolve the issue and was not doing any other pools while this is happening and all his jobs are pushed back. In Canada, I can understand a pool builder does not have a team of guys for certain things and relies on one individual as they only build pools from may to oct but still......

argh.

I even had to go back and edit this post with all my errors!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.