Diverter valves on returns

I am a believer that all plumbing lines should have a valve or diverter. This is especially true if the equipment pad is a a lower level than the pool.

You may never need the valves, but if you do teh extra few dollars up front will be less expensive and much less hassle than adding them later.

Personally, I wish my returns had at least a 3-way valve between the two separate lines. I only have 2 lines at the pad, but 3 returns. It would be very nice to be able to balance the flow or turn off one or the other during closing etc. I'd say at a minimum, I'd go for 2 common lines that each split to 2 returns at the pad with a 3-way valve between the common lines. To go further, you could have a 3-way valve linked to 2 downstream 3-way valves that feed the 4 return lines. You could also go with four 2-way valves, one for each line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.