Just another build in Texas

Nov 22, 2014
Dallas Texas
So we started planning this project back in the spring. Its taken us a while to get everything hammered out and then find the right people to help us build it. Its going to take a while to get where we want to be so I hope you guys will come along for the ride and offer suggestions and ideas as we go.

First, here is the site plan:

Here are a couple of renderings:

So that's the plan. Today we got started. We had an old concrete patio that needed to be demoed before we could get started with the good stuff. Here's the way the patio looked:

Then the excavator and dump truck showed up. My 2.5 year old was thrilled.

At the end of the day, the back yard looked a lot different.

Tomorrow we dig the pool.

Wow that is going to be a big one. I'm looking forward to watching the progress. I know you all must be so excited, especially the little cutie watching it out the window. I loved the pic with him running through the yard. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why do things slow down? As in waiting for it to set up?

Please tell me you will be there in the morning. This is a HUGE step in your build. There might be so questions or idea they will want to talk to you about. IF you are not there they will just do it who THEY think it should be. We had one build where they were making a shelf where it should have been a beach entry! He was home and was able to have them fix it right then!

Kim

A couple of things are conspiring against us. The cabana builders have to catch up once the pool is gunited because the foundation of the cabana is so close to the pool and the decking, pool and cabana are all tied together. Not literally, but figuratively. Then we are also having to get a 2nd sewer tap in our back yard because our current sewer line is cast iron and the cost of replacement far outstrips the cost of a new sewer tap. That takes about 4 weeks from start to finish because of the city process for tapping the sewer. So, the slow down is coming (sadly) but it was expected. We started this build in the fall because we knew that nothing we did would get us there by swim season. Hoping that we are done by christmas (or close to it) but we'll see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.