Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fafco sunsaver solar panels

1. Back To Top    #1

Fafco sunsaver solar panels

Does anybody knows where to buy fafco sunsaver 4x 12 panels for diy install?
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fafco sunsaver solar panels

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Does anybody knows where to buy fafco sunsaver 4x 12 panels for diy install?
    They are offered for sale on EBay.
    Pool: 13k gal. in-ground; Stonescape Mini Pebble - Tropics Blue; Connected Spa - dual spill-over; Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG; AquaLogic PS-4 Automation; Sta-Rite DE Filter; Sta-Rite Max-e-Therm 400k BTU pool heater; Intellifo 2-VST Pump; Stenner 45mp2(25psi/10gpd) acid injection; Bulbwizard color LED pool lights; Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel side suction cleaner; FAFCO rooftop solar. TF-100 w/ speed stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

The ones on Ebay are 2x20, I am looking for 4x12 sunsaver
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

The ones on Ebay are 2x20, I am looking for 4x12 sunsaver
    I bought three 2' x 12' Fafco panels on eBay, didn't see any 4' ones though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x12-Swimmin...item5d2f2da762

HTH,
    Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the link. That is a really great price, however, one of the reasons I am looking for the Fafco sunsavers is the 2" connectors or pipe. My pool plumbing is 2". So far I found a company that sell me the panels for $596 a panel with mounting hardware, but I think is a bit high, not sure.

6. Back To Top    #6

Have you checked out Techno-Solis panels or Vortex panels (same panel) from Solar Direct? They support DIY install and have 4x12 with 2" headers.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the info, I will check today

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Thanks for the link. That is a really great price, however, one of the reasons I am looking for the Fafco sunsavers is the 2" connectors or pipe. My pool plumbing is 2". So far I found a company that sell me the panels for $596 a panel with mounting hardware, but I think is a bit high, not sure.
    Sorry, my bad. I just realized you wrote "sunsavers", but I read "sungrabber" & those are the panels I have.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Dom, is all good, I appreciate you providing the link. I am grabbing info and do not have experience with solar panels. Any info or recommendations is always helpful.

10. Back To Top    #10

I was told by a dealer that I need to install the Sunsavers ST panels because I have barrel roof tile. Does anybody knows if this is correct? They says the Sunsavers panel will mo;d to the roof tile.

11. Back To Top    #11

Being in Miami (Dade county?) you are likely going to have a lot of hurricane related regulations to deal with. See this thread from a couple of years ago Solar Panel Questions - Page 2 My understanding of the situation is some types of panels, divided tube?, meet the regulations easier than connected tube, or flat panel.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

12. Back To Top    #12

Solar Direct has installation hardware for barrel and concrete tile roofs. They are located in Florida and I'm sure they are familiar with hurricane code compliance.

Contact Solar Direct
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Thank you Isaac, there is very good information on that thread.