Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coverlon with install and winterization or Loop Loc without?

1. Back To Top    #1

Coverlon with install and winterization or Loop Loc without?

I had the dealer from Loop Loc come out, and he will give me the cover for our lagoon style pool with jump rock and waterfall for $4500. The only downside is that he will not close the pool which is included with all other quotes. So that makes the cost $4800 in my eyes.

Our PB will give us the Coverlon Super Mesh for 3899 for the cover/99 for a pump/100 for closing. Also he will add $250 credit b/c we are not using the water bag cover. So about $1000 cheaper at $3848.

Thoughts - opinions??
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coverlon with install and winterization or Loop Loc without?

My Scottish side says save money where you can. But, the wife has slowly convinced me that sometimes you get whey you pay for. I don't close, hence no cover. But friends further north have Loop Loc covers and they seem to last decades when treated right.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm worried that it is true the old adage, you get what you pay for...
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

4. Back To Top    #4

Our pool was installed in 2004 and came with a Coverlon mesh cover. It's still in great shape today. Though I have no experience with Loop Loc for comparison, I have no reservation recommending Coverlon.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004