Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Life time structural warranty

1. Back To Top    #1

Life time structural warranty

Worth it or not, seem like marketing as any damage caused by earthmovement would be excluded. Not sure how else the pool shell would get damaged?
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Life time structural warranty

I guess it depends on the cost. Improper mixture of the plaster/gunite material could cause cracking or heaving. Shooting the gunite at improper temperatures can also have an effect on plaster structural integrity and appearance. I should hope it would also cover an instance where the steel rebar was installed too close to the surface, causing rust bleed through the pool wall.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I would not go with a builder that offers any less than 5 to 10 years on the structure that should be more than enough time for problems related to material defects to show. I don’t think I would pay extra for life time since we are talking lifetime of the company not the pool. Building codes exist for a reason; as long as you are meeting code as the build progresses you should have some level of confidence. Having a good builder with several years experience is a must but if you want the best product possible make sure you are onsite for all the major parts of the build that will serve you far better than any supposed guarantee.
    If they are trying to sell you a warranty ask them how many of the pools they have built have cracked? That is going to be a hard question for them to answer since the number should be zero or very near it and if it is why would you pay for a warrantee and if it is not why would you go with them to build the pool
    ?

4. Back To Top    #4

No cost, just co paring between builders. We went with the builder who offered it.
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.