Possible blockage in suction side line

Aug 29, 2012
San Diego
We recently added a Pentair Rebel suction side cleaner to our in-ground pool. I noticed that the little guy wasn't moving as well this weekend and would fall down just shortly after starting up the wall. I decided to get out the gauge that comes with the kit and found that i now needed about 50% more suction to power the unit properly. As i remembered that i was due for a filter cleaning (previous post) i set out to do that and did indeed notice an uptick in the flow of water. However, i still need to have the valve about 30% more in the suction side direction than previously.

My pool guy was out today and checked the cleaner and said that it looked fine. He also mentioned that he has a guy that can come out and blow the line, but it will cost some $200 bucks or so. I have a large compressor and plenty of hose, but aren't sure about the rest. Was thinking of making a plug with the correct airline nipple to insert into the inlet and then pressurize, would that work? Also thought of one of those things you can put on the end of a hose that fills the gap as it blows water down the line. Really appreciate any ideas on this, don't want (nor can I right now) fork out the $$$.

Thanks in advance!

I'll double check tomorrow, but psi is around 8-10. Regarding flow, I have a question: is it ok to run the pump on High Speed with the valve fully turned to the suction side (no skimmer)? When i'm on Skimmer only, Low Speed, flow is great. When I switch to Suction only, flow decreases. This was leading me to think that there is a blockage of some kind (have 4 kids). I tried to turn the valve to Suction only with High Speed, but the equipment didn't sound like it was liking that too much, so I stopped. Skimmer only, High Speed there's great flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.