Spa/Pool valve actuators not actuating

Oct 12, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Hey guys, i have an Easytouch 8 and the valve actuators for the pool and spa button do not work at all. They do work with the manual toggle switch but that is about it. I have no idea how to proceed here. The wires are going to the proper place on the motherboard

Also guys the Filter button does not turn on my intelliflo vs pump. The only way for me to get that working is to assign a feature to it and then i can schedule the feature but I still don't know why the manual button does not work

How long have you had the unit?
Has it ever worked?

Since the valves operate using the switch on the valve that shows that they're getting voltage from the controller and that the actuators themselves are good.

the valve actuators do not work in any mode (service or auto or time out). This system is only a couple months old so no i have not figured out how to program the valve actuators to operate.

We built this pool ourselves so we did not have a start up guy and I am trying to avoid that cost if I can.

Not sure I can help, but, I'll give it a try..

Let's work on the pump issue first. Make sure your Intelliflo pump is wired to a constant 220 volt supply. There should not be any relays in the circuit at all. The pump is turned on by the data from the serial cable. Anytime you want the pump to turn on you have to assign something to turn it on. This is why when you use a feature circuit the pump works. If you were using a single speed pump, it would be wired through the Pump/Filter Relay and come on anytime the relay was on.

Please let me know the following:

1. Push the menu button just once to turn on the display and let me know what the display looks like.

2. Go to settings, then Intelliflo, then pump #1, and tell me what that screen looks like.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.