Raised coping, safety cover and leaves

skimmerswimmer

Jul 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
Closed the pool yesterday and was thinking about opening next season already! :cool: While I was Home Depot shopping for some other things, I came across those 6' lengths of polyethelyne pipe insulation and figured I could use them around the perimeter of the pool cover to keep leaves from accumulating under the cover around the coping. I went ahead and bought 20 of them and got some of those 1" barbed couplings and installed it all. The edge of the cover holds down the "noodles" quite well and the hose barbs keep it all joined together. The coping has a raised bullnose edge and everything is nice and tight. Hopefully this will prevent leaves and bugs from staining my white coping and make opening a bit cleaner and easier. I wonder if anyone else does something like this?

I used to put those round foam fun-noodles and the connectors my children had when younger around the inside of my AG before placing winter cover. They helped. I wonder if they still sell those?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.