Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raised coping, safety cover and leaves

1. Back To Top    #1

Long Island, NY

Raised coping, safety cover and leaves

Closed the pool yesterday and was thinking about opening next season already! While I was Home Depot shopping for some other things, I came across those 6' lengths of polyethelyne pipe insulation and figured I could use them around the perimeter of the pool cover to keep leaves from accumulating under the cover around the coping. I went ahead and bought 20 of them and got some of those 1" barbed couplings and installed it all. The edge of the cover holds down the "noodles" quite well and the hose barbs keep it all joined together. The coping has a raised bullnose edge and everything is nice and tight. Hopefully this will prevent leaves and bugs from staining my white coping and make opening a bit cleaner and easier. I wonder if anyone else does something like this?
    20x40 in-ground Bella Blue Pebble Fina pool w/diving board, 1 HP Hayward Superpump, Raypak RP2100 335k BTU NG mV heater, Pentair Quad DE 60 filter, Pentair 261173 multi-port valve, Stenner 45MPHP10 pump w/15 gal tank, Intermatic ET1125CR dual electronic timer, 1.5" lines, two skimmers w/socks, Poolskim, separate vacuum line, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 kit, TF-100 kit, speedstir, 2 froglogs. Wine is the answer, what was the question?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Raised coping, safety cover and leaves

I used to put those round foam fun-noodles and the connectors my children had when younger around the inside of my AG before placing winter cover. They helped. I wonder if they still sell those?
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale