Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool closed for winter - spa stays open - recommended ranges

1. Back To Top    #1

Chicago area, IL

pool closed for winter - spa stays open - recommended ranges

Quick question: my in-ground pool (plaster) is closed for the winter, and the spa stays open. During the season, they share water via a spillover. For the winter with spa only, I am wondering whether I should shift to suggested ranges for spas in the pool calculator, or stay with the recommended ranges? Of note, the CH recommendation is lower if I shift to spa.

FC 5
    pH 7.6
    TA 100
    CH 180
    CYA 26

Should I leave CH at 180? I appreciate all the info available on this site. thanks in advance!
    17000 gal in-ground plaster 20 y.o. pool/spa with spillover - Sta Rite Cartridge filter - Legacy LRZ 325 heater - Polaris Vac-Sweep 380

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: pool closed for winter - spa stays open - recommended ranges

Yes, I would try to mostly switch over to spa numbers. Here is what I do with mine, it works great. How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach