Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: change look of concrete decking

1. Back To Top    #1

Indianapolis, IN

change look of concrete decking

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to change the look of basic gray concrete around the pool. Is there anything to resurface with or possibly a concrete stain?
    18x36 ft
    19,000 gal IG vinyl
    Sand filter Tagelus 24"
    1HP Whisper Flo Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: change look of concrete decking

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

This question isn't easy to answer because you have so many choices. There are many different concrete stains and also a wide range of concrete coatings. Prices vary rather dramatically, what you might want to choose depends on your budget and what kind of effect you want to achieve.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Midland, Ontario

I've used the Stone Coat product on a small concrete porch at my last house, the look is nice, but must be applied with a float/trowel. I am NOT proficient with one. lol. I like the look, but wouldn't do it myself on my pool deck.

I'm going to acid wash mine this spring and bring it back to white, or whiter, and go from there. I was thinking of a stain myself where it can be applied with a brush/roller.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

5. Back To Top    #5
    Cypress, TX (suburb of Houston)

As Jason mentioned previously, thier are several options depending on your budget. I cant comment on all the options but can advise you that I currently have Cool Deck as my pool decking option. Since you already have a concrete foundation, the company of your choice just has to come in, spray the texture, trowel it, and spray the acrylic coating. Ill be honest, Cool Desk is not the least expensive option, nor is it the most expensive. Hope this helps. If you are looking for a pic of this product, conduct a google search or view one of my pic postings which depicts my decking. Hope this helps.
    13,500 gallon free form Pebble Tec pool- 2 skimmers
    Pentair Intelli-Flow filter pump, Pentair Intelli-Super Flo booster pump, waterfall pump, Del Ozone Eclipse 1 generator, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filtration, Nature 2 XG Clear Vision, In-line Chlorinator, Polaris 280, Raypack heater, and Color Logic LED lights.

Proud user of BBB, pool school, pool calculator, TF-100, and the advice of the friendly people here!