Spa jets are weak.

I can't explain this, but my spa also has weak jets, until I turn on the air and let it run a few minutes and the flow from the jets strengthen dramatically. If I then turn off the air, the jets remain strong. Wish I understood why?

Wish I understood why?
Because the blower is mainly for clearing the air pipe of water. Once the pipe is cleared of water, the venturi's can operate properly and keep the air pipe clear on their own. Nearly any spa can be built without the use of blowers but many PBs use them as a crutch because they don't know how to build a spa without a blower.

Usually, the simplest solution is to replace the jet nozzles with a smaller version. This increases the water velocity and makes the jet feel stronger. But it may or may not be possible depending the jet design.

Is yours a stand alone spa? Mine is connected to the pool plumbing. I just had the plumber out n nothing wrong or that he can do. So I blocked 2 of the 6 jets, Used smallest holes in jet cover on 2 for foot massage, n 2 med holed ones for back massage. Pressure has gone up to half of that with air. Livable pressure.

Standalones are better for therapy n stronger I've noticed.

18000 gal 9ft, swg, ig, dk blue plaster( Montego Bay), cartridge filter, attached spa, build finished September 1 2015, Pentair equipment and Legend creepy. Natural stone with salt for the -ions n health benefits. Worth it to me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.