Blowing lines using air compressor

Jun 7, 2015
Wamego/KS
I tried blowing my lines using a 2 gal Husky air compressor with no luck. I would hook up, turn on and by the time the line started bubbling the tank was empty and the compressor would shut down to refill. I ended up getting the job done by hauling over my dad's 26 gal compressor. For future closings I assume I would be better purchasing a tankless compressor that would run continuously so that I can just turn it on and let the lines blow out one by one???

Were you successful with the skimmer(s) and return jets, only having an issue with the MD? Or the whole process?

If so, you can plug the return side in the pump housing with a black plug, and close the multi-port and only work on MD. This sometimes works. A compressor/blower without a tank maybe your best bet. I use the Cyclone, and it was worth every penny. Helped 2 friends close their pools as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.