BBQ Island

I have a gas grille and a Big Green Egg smoker. You'll LOVE having both options. I would not use a portable grille as you show here but rather buy a built-in type. Do you have natural gas plumbed near by or do you plan to use propane tanks? I had NG lines run for the gas grille as I did not want to deal with tanks. It cost more to do it that way but I am so glad I did.

It will be fun to follow this thread.

siska, I actually started buying 20 gauge studs, primo grill XL, alfresco gas grill 42 inches and few other stuff

- - - Updated - - -

thank you guys, I already started buying, 20 gaufe studs, as well as primo grill XL and I already had the alfresco grill 42 inches

25g studs are bomb proof once together, i was hesitant myself, save yourself the $$ its plenty of strength

Did you get your stone work done on that sweet setup of yours? Haven't seen any updates....more pics please!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all the stone and have been dragging getting it done, but units are in and were grilling, I stand up on the counter to clean the grill all the time with the concrete in too and its super solid. We had a pool slam after a sprinkler was knocked off by a dog last week flooded the pool with dirt and bark, and I've been crazy busy at work.

Using stacked stone, natural, from KRC local here in San Marcos, CA. Ill put some pics up soon of the stone

Generally 20 gauge studs and 25 gauge studs are the same price or very close. The major differences are that you can buy 25 gauge at Home Depot. For 20 gauge you need to go to a construction supply house. 25 gauge can be cut by sheers. 20 gauge requires a cut off saw or grinder. Most kitchen applications will be fine with 25 gauge. Anything that requires structural support use 20 gauge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.