Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBQ Island

1. Back To Top    #1

BBQ Island

Hi guys I got inspired by some of you here, look at my long term project, my wife who drew this sketch up plan did not have the time to draw the doors, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBQ Island

I'm sure that will turn-out very nice. Make sure to post some pics during and after fabrication. The crowd here likes pics.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

You bet! When are you planning to start?
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a gas grille and a Big Green Egg smoker. You'll LOVE having both options. I would not use a portable grille as you show here but rather buy a built-in type. Do you have natural gas plumbed near by or do you plan to use propane tanks? I had NG lines run for the gas grille as I did not want to deal with tanks. It cost more to do it that way but I am so glad I did.

It will be fun to follow this thread.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Any island with a Primo smoker will be awesome!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

siska, I actually started buying 20 gauge studs, primo grill XL, alfresco gas grill 42 inches and few other stuff

- - - Updated - - -

thank you guys, I already started buying, 20 gaufe studs, as well as primo grill XL and I already had the alfresco grill 42 inches

7. Back To Top    #7

25g studs are bomb proof once together, i was hesitant myself, save yourself the $$ its plenty of strength
    2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by justinfrancisjudd View Post
    25g studs are bomb proof once together, i was hesitant myself, save yourself the $$ its plenty of strength
    Did you get your stone work done on that sweet setup of yours? Haven't seen any updates....more pics please!!!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

9. Back To Top    #9

I have all the stone and have been dragging getting it done, but units are in and were grilling, I stand up on the counter to clean the grill all the time with the concrete in too and its super solid. We had a pool slam after a sprinkler was knocked off by a dog last week flooded the pool with dirt and bark, and I've been crazy busy at work.

Using stacked stone, natural, from KRC local here in San Marcos, CA. Ill put some pics up soon of the stone
    2015 Build, Stonescapes Mini Pebble-Blue Sea, 46.5'x23', 9' deep, Paramount IFCS on steps and shelfs, 8' spa with spillover, Quartzite Flagstone Coping and Patio, 3" Suctions and Returns, 1 skimmer, 6 Jandy LED Watercolor lights, Baja Shelf w/ diving rock, 2x 2HP Jandy VS E-Pump, Jandy LXI 400K BTU Heater Cupro/Nickel exchanger, Cartridge Filter, Grotto/Waterfall/ Slide, Jandy SWG, I-aqualink 2.0

10. Back To Top    #10

Generally 20 gauge studs and 25 gauge studs are the same price or very close. The major differences are that you can buy 25 gauge at Home Depot. For 20 gauge you need to go to a construction supply house. 25 gauge can be cut by sheers. 20 gauge requires a cut off saw or grinder. Most kitchen applications will be fine with 25 gauge. Anything that requires structural support use 20 gauge.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

11. Back To Top    #11

Since you asked... I would keep the elevation of the counters at the same height for food preparation, because I never seem to have enough when I am grilling.
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

12. Back To Top    #12

Attachment 49116Attachment 49117

It is taking me longer than expected to finish the bbq island so I decided to do a small one on my other deck.

13. Back To Top    #13

IMG_4949.jpgIMG_4948.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images