Hobbies ?

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Since pool season is winding down, let's share some of our non-pool related pastimes! Mine is photography. I've made a little money at it recently, but it's still more of a hobby at this point. Here are some recent pictures I've taken:

A recent wedding I did:

Jalopy Drags:

A family photo:

You're pictures are beautiful. You did a really good job on them.

I have a lot of hobbies I enjoy doing, but I'm not able to do many of them anymore because of the issues with the limitations in my hands, my vocal cords, and the increased pain they cause. My hobbies use to be sewing, playing my musical instruments: Piano, Flute, Saxaphone, and Pedal Steel, singing karaoke, riding motorcycles, and anything water related, swimming, skiing, boating, fishing, tubing, riding jet skies, (lol I even attempted skiing on a Styrofoam cooler lid once but lol that didn't work out too well).

Absolutely wonderful pics from pagirl.

Texas Splash can do what we all would like to do.....great stuff, Pat.

My only skill is being mediocre at many, many things. Some day, I would really like to find that one thing I can do well but it is getting late :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Absolutely wonderful pics from pagirl.

Texas Splash can do what we all would like to do.....great stuff, Pat.

My only skill is being mediocre at many, many things. Some day, I would really like to find that one thing I can do well but it is getting late :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'd say starting a successful pool forum takes some skill! And it's never too late to try something new. My husband's uncle started photography in his early 70's, and now has a successful business taking photos of the local elk and selling them.

(I have a feeling you were joking, regardless, ha ha.)

I also make crafts, but that has taken a back seat to the photography. I got started with that as an outlet for the stress of taking care of an 88 year old neighbor and a mother in law with ALS, plus working part time. The neighbor moved with her family, and sadly my MIL passed away, so I had some extra time to really the photography.

Pat, you're a pretty dang good rock-n-roller in my mind too. When I play my dusty guitar you can usually tell what I'm trying to play. :-D I'm with Dave purty good at lots of stuff, great at none.

Over the years I've enjoyed everything from hockey to 4wheeling to photography but regardless of what I'm doing I've got to be learning something. Currently besides spending time with the kids I find myself reading a TON of "How To" books and binge watching various Ted Talks. When my mind sits idle I quickly get bored. :D As long as I have something to tinker with or something to learn I'm good to go.

Here's a photo from about 15 years ago from a trip I took on the White Rim trail in Utah. Trip was FILLED with AMAZING views of Canyonlands National Park that one day I greatly want to do again!

18178800066_c5a830088f_z.jpg

Wow. I'm pretty boring with knitting, embroidering and canning food. And unfortunately.......an analytical type. So all the canned food is bar coded and inventoried and the embroidery floss is labeled with numbers and sorted by shades of color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow. I'm pretty boring with knitting, embroidering and canning food. And unfortunately.......an analytical type. So all the canned food is bar coded and inventoried and the embroidery floss is labeled with numbers and sorted by shades of color.

NOT boring at all! At least your hobbies bring much joy to others and fulfills needs and wants!

All mine do is cost me money and doctor visits! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Helping people on some pool forum is my only hobby.

Just think of all the good you do and how much money you save people! NICE JOB!

Cooking and gardening. The wonderful part of living in AZ is that I get to experience and experiment with lots of new flavors AND I get to play with some pretty wild plants here (everything seemingly has thorns in the desert). So coming from my formative years growing up back east (100% Italian Long Island boy), living out west is like going to Mars.

Oh, and I have three boys (10, 6 & 3) that keep me plenty busy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.