Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies ?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Hobbies ?

Since pool season is winding down, let's share some of our non-pool related pastimes! Mine is photography. I've made a little money at it recently, but it's still more of a hobby at this point. Here are some recent pictures I've taken:

A recent wedding I did:

Jalopy Drags:

A family photo:
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hobbies ?

You're pictures are beautiful. You did a really good job on them.

I have a lot of hobbies I enjoy doing, but I'm not able to do many of them anymore because of the issues with the limitations in my hands, my vocal cords, and the increased pain they cause. My hobbies use to be sewing, playing my musical instruments: Piano, Flute, Saxaphone, and Pedal Steel, singing karaoke, riding motorcycles, and anything water related, swimming, skiing, boating, fishing, tubing, riding jet skies, (lol I even attempted skiing on a Styrofoam cooler lid once but lol that didn't work out too well).
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Just one of many examples of videos I've posted on my YouTube channel. I'm a great rock & roller in my own mind.
    Rock Roll Fantasy - Bad Company (Guitar Cover) - YouTube
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Very impressive Pat. Rock On!!!!!
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Absolutely wonderful pics from pagirl.

Texas Splash can do what we all would like to do.....great stuff, Pat.

My only skill is being mediocre at many, many things. Some day, I would really like to find that one thing I can do well but it is getting late
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Absolutely wonderful pics from pagirl.

Texas Splash can do what we all would like to do.....great stuff, Pat.

My only skill is being mediocre at many, many things. Some day, I would really like to find that one thing I can do well but it is getting late
    I'd say starting a successful pool forum takes some skill! And it's never too late to try something new. My husband's uncle started photography in his early 70's, and now has a successful business taking photos of the local elk and selling them.

(I have a feeling you were joking, regardless, ha ha.)

I also make crafts, but that has taken a back seat to the photography. I got started with that as an outlet for the stress of taking care of an 88 year old neighbor and a mother in law with ALS, plus working part time. The neighbor moved with her family, and sadly my MIL passed away, so I had some extra time to really the photography.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Pat, you're a pretty dang good rock-n-roller in my mind too. When I play my dusty guitar you can usually tell what I'm trying to play. I'm with Dave purty good at lots of stuff, great at none.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Over the years I've enjoyed everything from hockey to 4wheeling to photography but regardless of what I'm doing I've got to be learning something. Currently besides spending time with the kids I find myself reading a TON of "How To" books and binge watching various Ted Talks. When my mind sits idle I quickly get bored. As long as I have something to tinker with or something to learn I'm good to go.

Here's a photo from about 15 years ago from a trip I took on the White Rim trail in Utah. Trip was FILLED with AMAZING views of Canyonlands National Park that one day I greatly want to do again!

9. Back To Top    #9

Jet skis, Off-road motorcycle, fast cars, cat and dog rescue, helping kids in need. That about sums it up LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Wow. I'm pretty boring with knitting, embroidering and canning food. And unfortunately.......an analytical type. So all the canned food is bar coded and inventoried and the embroidery floss is labeled with numbers and sorted by shades of color.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Helping people on some pool forum is my only hobby.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeH View Post
    Wow. I'm pretty boring with knitting, embroidering and canning food. And unfortunately.......an analytical type. So all the canned food is bar coded and inventoried and the embroidery floss is labeled with numbers and sorted by shades of color.
    NOT boring at all! At least your hobbies bring much joy to others and fulfills needs and wants!

All mine do is cost me money and doctor visits! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Just think of all the good you do and how much money you save people! NICE JOB!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Hobbies ?

Cooking and gardening. The wonderful part of living in AZ is that I get to experience and experiment with lots of new flavors AND I get to play with some pretty wild plants here (everything seemingly has thorns in the desert). So coming from my formative years growing up back east (100% Italian Long Island boy), living out west is like going to Mars.

Oh, and I have three boys (10, 6 & 3) that keep me plenty busy

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

14. Back To Top    #14

Hobbies ?

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Who are you trying to fool...I've seen a number of posts from pa showcasing some insightful woodworking and shop skills

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

15. Back To Top    #15

I love movies, reading, Scrabble, gardening and travel. I am about to be an empty nester and already have a trip to the Ozarks planned. I am also going to join the Y this winter so that I can swim indoors.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

16. Back To Top    #16

Broken Bow Lake and the Beavers Bend area in SE OK is a great trip, nice woods, mountains, lake, cabins and camping. And it is only 3ish hours away.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Who are you trying to fool...I've seen a number of posts from pa showcasing some insightful woodworking and shop skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been known to dabble in a number of 'hobbies' But so far this is the one I like the most.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

18. Back To Top    #18

Home wine making is one of my hobbies.Attachment 43375

I do many other things to keep busy, competitive volleyball, kayak fishing, shooting sports and I mentor high school kids in engineering (FIRST Robotics).

Never enough time in a day!
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Just one of many examples of videos I've posted on my YouTube channel. I'm a great rock & roller in my own mind.
    Rock Roll Fantasy - Bad Company (Guitar Cover) - YouTube
    Right on Pat!

I play in a Modern Rock band myself, weekend warrior sort of thing, gigging whenever we get the chance.

Here's a video of one of our original songs from a gig in August, I'm playing lead guitar (the guy with the goatee).
    NOMAD at the Hard Hat Café - "So Distant"

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

We have some mighty talented folks here at TFP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast