Frankiev from Isabela, Puerto Rico

Oct 10, 2015
isabela
Hi, All:
I was born in Puerto Rico, and grew up in New York. I am an Electrical Engineer, working as the Technical Lead at a Help Desk. I have returned to live in Puerto Rico, where my wife insisted we needed to get a pool. We have had pools in Florida, but Puerto Rico is presenting some challenges for me with maintaining this pool Not sure if it is the DE, or the type of water, or the heat here in Puerto Rico. I have had the pool for over a year, and about 6 months ago, everything started to go south on me. Sounds like the first thing I need to do is order the TFP Water Test kit.
Hopefully, once I receive that kit, and test the water, you all will be able to help me with this cement pond. :)

Hi Franie,
Welcome to TFP!

Good decision on getting a good test kit. When you can post up your test results, we can certainly help.

In the meantime, read through Pool School to get a bit of an idea of water parameters and how each of them play together.

And learn how to use the Pool Math tool. The test kit and pool math will be your best friends.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html