Advice on blown AP DIG-220 Board

Humean

Oct 3, 2015
CA
All - brand new to the site (and new owner of an Autopilot DIG-220 system). This board has been an amazing resource and I've been reading for a few days, but please forgive me for any newbie mistakes.

I'm getting a low amps - check SC message when the SWG activates. We first suspected the salt cell, so we took that out and cleaned it. We had an extra cable to the generator that we also swapped out to no avail. Testing the system when boost was activated would read 0v and 0.2A.

The software version is 4.01, running power level 2, SC-60 cell (replaced ~2 years ago, no significant wear), 5200ppm (I know this is high - we can talk about that later), 0v and 0.2A.

Following the advice on the forum I cracked open the case to test the fuses and inspect the caps. Fuses tested ok, and barrel caps look ok (the yellow guy at the top is cracked).

With all that out of the way - it looks pretty evident that I've had a blowout of some kind on the board. It looks like either one of the caps blew, or something shorted across the two posts. So question is this - is this salvageable? From this post/image it doesn't look like there is a whole log going on at that location, but I'm not sure it's even worth trying or if I'll just run into the same issue again. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dig-220-board-zoom.jpgDig-220-board-1.jpg

I'd say toast. It's hard to tell from the photos but it looks like there may be some burned up traces on the PWB. You'd have to do some pretty significant cleanup to get to the point of telling if it has any chance of it being salvaged.

As gtemkin mentioned you've got some burn damaged on the board all around the 20 amp fuse in the top left corner. It looks like this board will need to be replaced. You can replace just the board or the entire controller. It is typically much more economical to replace the entire controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.