flpoolmom

Aug 8, 2010
Tampa, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Apologies if this has been addressed but I couldn't find it in my search.

I have a constant 170 error code on my controller. By disconnecting the flowsensor connection from the front board, I was able to rule out a board problem and determine that I have a faulty flow sensor.

My question is, can I leave the flowsensor unplugged while running my pump? I don't have a separate breaker/power switch for the SWG. We have a new cell (darn...should have ordered the kit with the sensor!) and I don't want to damage anything.

Welcome to TFP!

You can either disconnect it from the main board or just adjust the output to 0%.

For the replacement sensor look for the newest model which will have a control module in-line on the sensor cable. You will need to select to run option A or B if you get the correct sensor.

Depending on the age of your system you may be able to get the latest version that ping mentioned for free. All of their previous versions had a 100% failure rate (in my experience), and the should send you a new one under warranty - even if you're beyond the warranty period.

Call the Zodiac/Jandy support line and plead your case. (800) 822-7933.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.