Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 Flowsensor question

1. Back To Top    #1

Tampa, Fl

Jandy Aquapure 1400 Flowsensor question

Apologies if this has been addressed but I couldn't find it in my search.

I have a constant 170 error code on my controller. By disconnecting the flowsensor connection from the front board, I was able to rule out a board problem and determine that I have a faulty flow sensor.

My question is, can I leave the flowsensor unplugged while running my pump? I don't have a separate breaker/power switch for the SWG. We have a new cell (darn...should have ordered the kit with the sensor!) and I don't want to damage anything.
    18.3k gal in-ground 14X33 open IG pool; St. Thomas Blue Pebble Sheen
    Jandy CS200 cartridge filter; Jandy 1.5hp PHP pump;
    Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG; Aquabot Turbo cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 Flowsensor question

Welcome to TFP!

You can either disconnect it from the main board or just adjust the output to 0%.

For the replacement sensor look for the newest model which will have a control module in-line on the sensor cable. You will need to select to run option A or B if you get the correct sensor.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Mesa, AZ

Depending on the age of your system you may be able to get the latest version that ping mentioned for free. All of their previous versions had a 100% failure rate (in my experience), and the should send you a new one under warranty - even if you're beyond the warranty period.

Call the Zodiac/Jandy support line and plead your case. (800) 822-7933.
    APSP Certified Building Professional
    APSP Certified Service Professional
    NSPF Certified Pool Operator

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

New Orleans, LA

The best thing is to unplug the power from the backboard. This is the multi wire that goes from the transformer to the board.