Replastered 09/23/2015 with Krystal Krete

Nov 12, 2010
Nokomis, Florida
Hi. as the the title says, I recently had my pool re-plastered. I'm very happy with it. I also, replaced all my equipment and added a saltwater generator system. Prior to this I was using liquid chlorine. I haven't added the salt yet, of course, as I'm still in the first 30 day setup time period. I've been following the trouble free pool system for 5yrs now. I'm very comfortable with the tests and my numbers.

I'm here asking about CSI.

I'm following the re-plasterer's instructions, and my numbers are right where he wants me to be. My question is, when I follow his numbers my CSI isn't good. What do I need to adjust to get in the safe range?

My readings: water temp is 84. Pool is in full sun all the time. Well, all the time when the sun is up, lol.

my actual chl: 3
ph 7.6
TA 90
CH 310
CYA 40

Builder's request: chl: 3
ph 7.4 - 7.6
TA 80-120
CH 200-400
CYA 40

my CSI is at .13

am I misunderstanding something?

any help would be appreciated!!
thank you all!

Actually, your CSI appears to be acceptable. As long as you are between -0.6 and .6 you are doing well. Anything below -0.6 and you damage the plaster, anything over .6 and it leads to scale. The one thing I would recommend though is a bit more bleach. Your FC is at the bare-bones low end for your CYA, and your target is an FC of 5. So I would keep it at 5 in sunny FL until you are able to crank-up the SWG after break-in. Hope that helps.

For those of us that don't use CSI as a guide, you are fine, too.

We suggest that keeping your parameters within the ranges we teach will result with good pool chemistry.

You have done just that. Everything is just about right where you want it.

The interesting thing to me is how knowledgeable your builder is. His suggestions fit perfectly within the ranges we teach........I think you got a good one.

As Texas Splash says, a little more chlorine is not a bad idea.

How does your water look?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.