Hayward Aqua rite temperature sensor

May 17, 2011
HI all.

Having a problem with my SWG. I have aqua rite goldline controls rev 1.40.

I recently replaced the cell with an aftermarket Chlorinator pro replacement for turbo cell 15.

it has worked fine throughout the summer, now I am getting cold reading at my panel and chlorine generation has stopped.

I have no chlorine in the pool, I checked the thermometer in the pool it reads 74, the panel reads 49.

I think there is a problem with the temp sensor, as it is not giving an accurate reading and this is halting chlorine production.

I did some research and from what i found the temp sensor is located in the cell, is this correct?

If this is the case I have a 2 year warranty on the cell and can ask for a replacement.

Then issue seems to be intermittent, because I went back out later and re started the system and the temp now read 74 and it was generating chlorine.

I think there is a prob with the sensor wherever it is located.

Please help me determine:

1. Where is the sensor that provides temp reading for the panel?
2. if intermittent issue, what can I do to troubleshoot to isolate the problem with certainty.

Thanks for the help

The temp sensor is in the cell. If you look in one side, you can see a small white protrusion. It's a 10k sensor. The plug has 10 socket connections. 6 are copper colored and 4 are aluminum color. I think that the 6 copper colored connections are the only ones used. Two should go to the thermistor. The resistance of the thermistor varies by temperature. If you measure the resistance (ohms) from the two connection points, you can determine the corresponding temperature by referring to a 10 k thermistor chart. If the temperature is not accurate, then the sensor is bad. The thermistor is not designed to be replaceable.

I don't know which connection points go to the thermistor, but I will try to find out when I get a chance.

It might just be a bad connection. Try unplugging and reinstalling the cell plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.