Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: From RSA, where the Sun is always shining and the Wine is good :P

1. Back To Top    #1

From RSA, where the Sun is always shining and the Wine is good :P

Hi All,

Hope things are going well

So, I am new to the forum. Have been doing research into pools over the last few months, and I am currently stuck but extremely interested, and hungry for answers

Currently I am doing a Thesis on a mathematical model in which I want to find a way to combine all the guess work / experience with a fully functional, and intelligent system. as an Engineer I do not like vagueness haha (although, my posts might be vague, but that's the mind for you ).

Soooooo, here I am... been looking at the stuff that chem_geek (no Idea how to link his name, not really the forum type of person ). Stumbled across his "deep end" posts of years back, including the *amazing!!!!!* calculator he set up, and thats what got me thinking in the end. Although I first had to do Research so that I am not completely in the dark...

I'll start a proper post. Looking forward to all the knowledge floating around here, and hopefully we can create something fully autonomous

Regards,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: From RSA, where the Sun is always shining and the Wine is good :P

Welcome to TFP! Great first post. I suspect you will hear from chem geek in the near future. You two seem to speak the same language. Happy to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hahahahahahahahaha let's rather say, he speak the language I am trying to understand :P

So time for language classes

But thank you! I am looking forward to working with everyone, and maybe we can get something out there that will keep our pools clean while we are skiing on Mars xD

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Hello Helios, and Welcome to TFP,

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying what you've located here so far. I agree that Chem Geek has offered all of us some very informative, and beneficial information, and tools. He is truly an asset to our forum. Feel free to continue to look around, as there are so many interesting threads here to read, and learn from. If you have any questions along the way, please don't hesitate to ask, and someone will be glad to answer them for you.

Again Welcome to TFP, we're all really glad you're here. Enjoy your stay, and have a wonderful day.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.