Automation?

Hi,
yes, there are a couple. One is called the liquidator. Another is caled the Chemigem. They do have to be cleaned and maintained periodically as calcium has a habit of scaling in the small tubes and orifices.

As well, many folks here have made their own dispensers using a stenner pump, and a few parts for considerably less money than a ready made one, and the home made ones generally seem to be more reliable.
Do a search on the forum (top right of the page), and you will get lots of hits on the subject.

And there is always SWG. A salt water chlorine generator will make chlorine from the salt in the water, then it is converted back to salt and the process is repeated. You control the amount of chlorine by simply turning a dial up or down.

As chief points out, a salt water chlorine generator is the most popular method of automating chlorine in the pool.

As my wife will attest to, I always have to be different and wen with a Stenner pump to inject liquid chlorine. I just like being able to "see" the tank of chlorine and the level going down day by day so I know it's working. But, I'm still toting chlorine jugs the SWCG folks don't have to carry!

My Stenner Install - July 2014

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.