High cya levels in California drought area

Hi Boson,
Not to worry. Most of us have been there too during our SLAM, lol I know I was.

Just continue to add the approx. same amount of bleach that you have been, if you've been adding close to 2 gallons daily, add 2 gallons daily, or whatever you've been adding. Try to still remain above your shock level at all times, and test the levels when your reagents come in, and then adjust accordingly :) I hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. :)

Oh, and on your pictures you can put them in Photobucket, and just post the link instead if you want to try to solve the pic issue.

Before you ran out of drops, did you find that you were adding a relatively similar amount of bleach to the pool each day or every so often? Perhaps try to stay consistent with that same routine, adding about the same amount of bleach until your drops arrive.

see what happened was yesterday when I started or I think it was Saturday when I started I had to readjust the PPM I hit like 28 on the first one then a hour later I had to readjust to 31 which was my target I applied more chlorine and hit my mark and I tested it again to make sure I was at 31 parts per million an this is how I ran out and didn't realize it till actually this morning.

good evening everyone I just got home it's really dark out here I can't take pictures but I can tell you when I shine a light over this pool it is a grey shade now I could smell the chlorine when im brushing the pool so I guess this is a good thing? so I will be putting in the same amount I put in tomorrow morning and I will be cleaning the filter hopefully on Wednesday my solution should be here​

Gray is a good next step! You are killing the algae! Now is when you will really need the pics. Things do not seem to happen as fast now BUT with the pics you will be able to see the difference in color every day as it moves to blue then clear! NICE JOB!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
here is a photo finally learned how post a picture it's not really as great as I thought it was in the sunlight looks still like green but never the last at least its getting better so here you go​
Screenshot_2015-10-13-18-36-34.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention I have an in ground spa as well that also has algae do you think I should treat both at the same time or how would I go about doing this if I need my pool filter to be running 24/7 I can only filter one side at a time? I was so caught up with the pool I didn't realize what was going on with the spa this is all new to me so I am learning pretty much the hard way!

- - - Updated - - -

I just took this right now go figure why it looks grey it's freaking dark outsidemy reagent will be here tomorrow so I can get testing and see what's really going on
Screenshot_2015-10-13-21-34-15.jpg

I'm pretty sure my spa is connected to my pool why wasn't I thinking of this...... because when I was draining my pool I also drained my spa I left my spa half filled one night and came back the next day and it was all full I'm thinking water spilled over into my spa somehow from my pool?! I'm telling you I'm so caught up with the water being so expensive! worrying if My county will hit me with a fat fine for using too much water! the cya thing! the pool company ripping me off! sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all this!I'm pretty sure I have to slam my spa as well but how would I go about splitting up the filter run time for both? any thoughts?

Thank you
Brian​

So what I hear you saying is you cannot filter the pool and spa at the same time? Do you have any valves that you can turn to have some of each filter? I am not up on how this kind of thing works. I will leave that to others to help you with.

That water is green. BUT you can see how it is changing over in color. This did not happen over night so it will take time to clear. Bleach and time are your friends.

Play with your pool and spa to see if there is a way to filter both. That would be best. If not I have a couple of ideas for now. Let me know.

Kim

My reagent will be here today now I can see what's really going on as for my spa I can test an ad chlorine filter for half uh day since is pretty small then switch back to my pool I figure I just need to get some type of chlorine in there in the mean time, in between time.

Try to at least 3 times a day.

-when you wake up (after coffee of course! LOL)

-when you get home

-before you get home go to bed!

Like PAgirl says maybe ask if there is someone in the neighborhood who can run over and pour a jug of bleach in during the day????????

Kim

Try to at least 3 times a day.

-when you wake up (after coffee of course! LOL)

-when you get home

-before you get home

Like PAgirl says maybe ask if there is someone in the neighborhood who can run over and pour a jug of bleach in during the day????????

Kim

I think you may have written this before you coffee! "Before you get home"!!! Too funny.

This is my plan as follows

measure the hot tub to get approximately how
Much gallons, then test, then add factors into pool calculator put in shock level chlorine, then the same pump I use to drain my pool I will have it in the hot tub circulating Things till I'm done with my pool, it's small enough for me to scrub uh few times uh day!​

I think you may have written this before you coffee! "Before you get home"!!! Too funny.

OH MY! That IS too funny! Good catch!

Before you go to bed!!!!!!!!!!

I will go back and edit it.

Kim (laughing right now!)

- - - Updated - - -

This is my plan as follows

measure the hot tub to get approximately how
Much gallons, then test, then add factors into pool calculator put in shock level chlorine, then the same pump I use to drain my pool I will have it in the hot tub circulating Things till I'm done with my pool, it's small enough for me to scrub uh few times uh day!​

At least the water will be moving. I like this plan!

LOL hey your neighbors might learn a thing or two! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.