Solar Panel Question

poolheatpumps.com is the distributor that I bought from, they are happy to deal with the DIY crowd, and they drop ship from the Techno-Solis factory, or at least they do for people in my part of the country, I think they are based on the west coast, and I get the feeling (based on my contact) they have several work from home employees, so I am not even sure they are a brick and mortar operation. As to the web page being a bit dated (I don't necessarily consider 4 years as being too out of date), this is very common with small non IT centric companies, they get sold a web site design bundle for a sack of money (several thousand dollars I would assume looking at their site), this web vendor then may have went out of business (many do), or the guy with the web site account info may no longer work for Techno-Solis, there are many variations on this, chances are not much has changed, they still make the same things, the contact info is still the same, etc. My personal guess is that the pool solar business is not as booming as it once was with relatively cheap natural gas these days, and every penny counts, so they don't feel the need to spend another sack full of money just for a new look.

Ike

That seems odd, when I bought mine 2-3 years ago poolheatpumps.com beat the solar direct prices by a small amount (I was able to buy 4x12 panels with 2 inch headers for slightly less than the solar direct vortex panels were running with 1.5 inch headers.

Ike

ps have you checked with techno-solis to see if your old panels are still covered under any part of the warranty?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.