Can high levels of fc cause a cc increase?

So I am down to my final testing before closing this Saturday and my TA test was kind of inconclusive. I did it twice same result. The water did not turn red as usual instead I got pinkish color. See attached picture.....has this ever happened to anyone?

My results were as follows:

Water Temperature 61
FC 23.5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 70 (assuming I can rely on the pinkish color as red)
CYA 60
CH 550
Salt not sure. My salt system tells me 3800, but is impossible as last time I check was 3400 and the test trip results is 3000.

Can you please provide step by step directions on how you did the test?

When you add 5 drops of R-0008, the solution should turn green or blue. If this happened, then you start adding R-0009 (on drop at a time, wiping the tip of the bottle) until the color changes to something more or less of :

RED
PINK
YELLOW
CLEAR

Then multiply by 10. You are fine if the pink is in this section (like you mentioned). If it is at the 5 drops of R-0008, then you have an issue.

Yes, the water turns green after the 5 drops of R-0008. I get the pink after adding the R-0009. Once again thanks for your help.

Can you please provide step by step directions on how you did the test?

When you add 5 drops of R-0008, the solution should turn green or blue. If this happened, then you start adding R-0009 (on drop at a time, wiping the tip of the bottle) until the color changes to something more or less of :

RED
PINK
YELLOW
CLEAR

Then multiply by 10. You are fine if the pink is in this section (like you mentioned). If it is at the 5 drops of R-0008, then you have an issue.

Thanks for all your help. Have happy winter!....I am so glad pool duty is over!

Then your TA is fine. I actually have printed out the areas that apply to the TF-100 Test Kit, in the "extended test directions" as they have more information, and keep them with my kit, for situations like this one. Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.