Unicel vs Filbur Brands

jrv331

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
Need some opinions from the experts. My Jacuzzi cartridge filter takes a Unicel C9475 or Filbur FC 1480. They look the same to me, the Unicel is 49.99 and the Filbur is 89.99. Big difference. the guy at the pool store said the Filbur is much better. Is this true? If it matters I toss the cartridge out at the end of the year and get a new one each year.
Thanks
John

I say get the Unicel. We sell Unicel and Worldpool carts besides the OEMs and the main difference between them is the price!
FWIW, I have both a Unicel and Worldpool cart for my Pentair Clean and Clear 150 and both are over 3 years and going strong.

Thanks, Unicel is what I have been using the past few years. We just had a Leslie's pool store open by me and they are the ones with the Filbur, just cant believe the price difference.

Should I be getting more than one season out of my cartridge. I just figured for 50.00 why not replace it.
Thanks
John

jrv331 said:
Thanks, Unicel is what I have been using the past few years. We just had a Leslie's pool store open by me and they are the ones with the Filbur, just cant believe the price difference.

Should I be getting more than one season out of my cartridge. I just figured for 50.00 why not replace it.
Thanks
John
If properly cared for I would sayu 3-5 years or even longer!
how-to-clean-a-cartridge-filter-t4465.html

(BTW, Most of the major cart manufacturers say the same as to lifespan of a cart!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.