Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unicel vs Filbur Brands

1. Back To Top    #1

Unicel vs Filbur Brands

Need some opinions from the experts. My Jacuzzi cartridge filter takes a Unicel C9475 or Filbur FC 1480. They look the same to me, the Unicel is 49.99 and the Filbur is 89.99. Big difference. the guy at the pool store said the Filbur is much better. Is this true? If it matters I toss the cartridge out at the end of the year and get a new one each year.
    Thanks
    John
    24' AG, Jacuzzi CRF 750 Filter, Magnatek 1.5 HP 2 sp pump
    BBB Method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Unicel vs Filbur Brands

I can't tell a difference. I'd go with the Unicel.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The Unicel should at least last you a year with good care on your part. Unicel makes a good cartridge.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

4. Back To Top    #4

I say get the Unicel. We sell Unicel and Worldpool carts besides the OEMs and the main difference between them is the price!
    FWIW, I have both a Unicel and Worldpool cart for my Pentair Clean and Clear 150 and both are over 3 years and going strong.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, Unicel is what I have been using the past few years. We just had a Leslie's pool store open by me and they are the ones with the Filbur, just cant believe the price difference.

Should I be getting more than one season out of my cartridge. I just figured for 50.00 why not replace it.
    Thanks
    John
    24' AG, Jacuzzi CRF 750 Filter, Magnatek 1.5 HP 2 sp pump
    BBB Method

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jrv331
    Thanks, Unicel is what I have been using the past few years. We just had a Leslie's pool store open by me and they are the ones with the Filbur, just cant believe the price difference.

Should I be getting more than one season out of my cartridge. I just figured for 50.00 why not replace it.
    Thanks
    John
    If properly cared for I would sayu 3-5 years or even longer!
    how-to-clean-a-cartridge-filter-t4465.html

(BTW, Most of the major cart manufacturers say the same as to lifespan of a cart!)