Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Actual Pictures of Plasterscapes?

1. Back To Top    #1

Actual Pictures of Plasterscapes?

Hi all, I am new to the forum and late to the game. We must chose a plaster color in the next couple of days and it is driving me crazy. We are going with Plasterscapes to get some color, but we cannot find any pictures of pools with plasterscapes. We are thinking deep sky blue or deep turquoise.

Info: We are in the Los Angeles area. The key is to have "color", not too pale or transparent. But, we also do not want the deep pond look.

Any pictures of comments will help.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Actual Pictures of Plasterscapes?

Welcome to TFP! Can your PB show you some pool with the colors you are considering? If not get some samples and put them in water at various depths to get an idea of the color.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Its amazing how my PB is lacking pictures. I will try the sample idea.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do a search online for the different colors. Share with us which ones you like the best and we will help you pick! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Did the search, only one picture of plasterscapes

6. Back To Top    #6

darn! Okay so get some samples, put them in a tub with water and we will go from there!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

This is Aruba Sky in QuartzScapes. Does it have to be PlasterScapes? FYI, this is not my pool. It belongs to another person in So Cal who recently built a pool and I always loved her color. I hear Quartz is more durable than plaster, which explains why it's more expensive.

Completed new pool & spa in Pasadena, CA Oct 2015
    14' x 25', raised bond beam for water feature
    deck jet, Baja step, 7'x7' spa
    Pentair equip, saltwater, EasyTouch remote system

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks...I will know soon enough what it looks like.

9. Back To Top    #9

uploadfromtaptalk1446507345511.jpg

Here you go, Plasterscapes Deep Sky Blue. It was not the color we were going for, but we like it and are happy with it.

10. Back To Top    #10

So what don't you like about it since you said it wasn't the color you were going for? I think the color is really pretty and I think it will change some as the plaster cures.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    I think it will change some as the plaster cures.
    I haven't heard of that before (that I remember, but I'm not getting any younger). I'd say you got what you got.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

I said it was not the color we were going for...we wanted a bit more towards cobalt blue. Took my contractors recommendation. The positive is that we still like it.

13. Back To Top    #13

Bmores, I meant to say the color changed somewhat as the water became clearer, not as the plaster cured as I previously said (must have been my old brain thinking of something else!). Thanks for pointing that out.
    Marla

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Bmores, I meant to say the color changed somewhat as the water became clearer, not as the plaster cured as I previously said (must have been my old brain thinking of something else!). Thanks for pointing that out.
    Ah, of course. Definitely true and I my brain didn't take me there. A few good chems can clear up water just like meds can do for us.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by aharris41 View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1446507345511.jpg

Here you go, Plasterscapes Deep Sky Blue. It was not the color we were going for, but we like it and are happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    Completed new pool & spa in Pasadena, CA Oct 2015
    14' x 25', raised bond beam for water feature
    deck jet, Baja step, 7'x7' spa
    Pentair equip, saltwater, EasyTouch remote system

16. Back To Top    #16

I have the same problem you posted about in 2015. I just found this site today. I too have to quickly decide on a PlasterScapes color and am having a hard time choosing a color based on small samples, without actually seeing photos. I don't want the deep pond look, either! I also don't want green or very dark. I've tentatively narrowed it down to sky blue, deep sky blue, deep turquoise and blue harbor, though I think blue harbor may be darker than we want. I'd love to know what color you chose and if you're happy with it. Also any photos of your pool color would be terrific. I appreciate any help! Wendy

17. Back To Top    #17

I saw your post from 2015 and now it's 2017 and I'm in the same position as you were––being rushed into a PlasterScape color based only on small samples. Having trouble finding actual photos. I'm curious, what color did you choose and are you pleased with it? I'd love to see a photo. We're now leaning toward a sky blue, deep sky blue, harbor blue, or deep harbor blue. Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

- - - Updated - - -

I saw your post from 2015 and now it's 2017 and I'm in the same position as you were––being rushed into a PlasterScape color based only on small samples. Having trouble finding actual photos. I'm curious, what color did you choose and are you pleased with it? I'd love to see a photo. We're now leaning toward a sky blue or harbor blue––not sure of deep color of going with the deep version. Thank you so much!
    We live in Southern CA and need to quickly chose a PlasterScapes color for a 20'x40' in ground pool. All we have are small sample colors. We really need to see some photos. We want a vibrant blue or turquoise blue––not dark or green. We've narrowed it down to Deep Turquoise, Deep Sky Blue and Blue Harbor. Hoping to see some photos of these plaster colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.